The Domesday Book was commissioned in December 1085 by William the Conqueror, who invaded England in 1066. The first draft was completed in August 1086 and contained records for 13,418 settlements in the English counties south of the rivers Ribble and Tees (the border with Scotland at the time).
The name Cunetesford
Hundred (the administrative subdivision of counties : Tunendune
Total tax assessed (on each property): 0.5 geld units (very small).
Taxable units(tax assessment for the manor): Taxable value 0.5 geld units.
Value (how much the manorial lord received in rents etc from the villagers): Value to lord in 1066 £0.5.
Ploughland (amount of ploughland and number of ploughteams working on it – each ploughteam has 8 oxen): 2 ploughlands (land for).
Other resources (such as meadow, woodland, mills and salthouses measured according to tax due on each. Woodland tax often paid in pigs): Woodland 0.5 league * 2 acres mixed measures.
Lord in 1066 (Lord of the estate in 1066 who received the profits from the holding): Erchenbrand.
Lord in 1086 (New owner after the Conquest): Erchenbrand.
Tenant-in-chief in 1086: William son of Nigel.
Phillimore reference: 9,13
From Open Domesday